Mi first Saree

9:45:00 PM



When my husband gave me the news that we were going to be moving to India for a year I got a little worried because I didn't know much about this country and their culture, so I just could imagine, in my poor simple brain,  what I have seen in the movies and although I was excited to visit a new country, at the same time I was a little hesitant to leave my own home.

India has been a rollercoaster of emotions, It is a world of contrasts. I have seen so many things in this country that I have never seen in other places in the world and being surrounded by all of this chaos and thousands of different emotions, has helped me to put into perspective what it is really important for me and it has also helped me understand how lucky I am to have experienced so many wonderful adventures in my life.
I am grateful. Grateful because thanks to this country I now value much more my family, because thanks to this country I have renovated my love for my husband,  I am grateful because I feel fuller, happier and I have learned to appreciate the simple things in life now.
India has been good to me, it showed me so many wonderful things in this two years that I have been here, I have seen beautiful stones telling stories about ancient civilizations, I have seen spontaneous celebrations full of colors and music, I have seen chaos, pestilence, confusion and at the same time I have seen, beauty, opulence, nature and magic.
Cuando mi esposo me dio la noticia de que nos tendríamos que mudar a la India por un año me preocupé un poco porque no conocía mucho de este país y de su cultura, así que solo podía imaginarme lo que en mi simple y pobre cerebro había visto alguna vez en las películas, y a pesar de que me emocionaba el viajar y conocer un nuevo lugar, al mismo tiempo me daba un poco de miedo dejar mi hogar.

India ha sido un sube y baja de emociones, es un mundo lleno de contrastes bien marcados. He visto tantas cosas en este país que jamás había visto en otros lugares en el mundo y estar rodeado de todo ese caos y sin fin de diferentes emociones, me ha ayudado a poner en perspectiva lo que realmente es importante para mi, y al mismo tiempo me ha hecho dar cuenta de lo infinitamente afortunada que soy al haber experimentado tantas aventuras en mi vida.
Estoy muy agradecida. Agradecida porque gracias a este país ahora valoro mucho más a mi familia, porque gracias a este país he renovado el amor que siento por mi esposo que es un hombre maravilloso, me siento agradecida porque me siento mas llena, mas feliz y porque he aprendido a apreciar las cosas más sencillas de la vida.
India ha sido muy buena conmigo, me ha enseñado tantas cosas maravillosas en estos dos años que he vivido en esta tierra, he visto increíbles piedras y monumentos contar historias de civilizaciones antiguas, he visto celebraciones espontáneas llenas de color y música, he visto caos, pestilencia y confusión, y al mismo tiempo he visto belleza, riqueza, naturaleza y magia.








I have always wanted to buy a saree, there is something about those beautiful colors and silky fabrics that attract me a lot, in fact, every time I read an Indian magazine and saw the advertisements about sarees and Indian style clothing I just marveled at the beauty and intricacy of the clothes.
The other day my husband and I assisted to a wedding so I got the perfect excuse to find me a saree, wear it and take it with me as a beautiful souvenir, here are some of the pictures of the day I wore it for the first time, I have to tell you that I felt like an Indian princess surrounded by all those small little crystals and golden decorations.
This pictures are very important to me and I am going to keep em in my heart because I feel so sad to leave this country and every time I think about it my heart breaks out knowing that I am not going to be able to walk these streets again, nor see the thousands of beautiful smiles that only the people of this country give you genuinely.


Siempre he querido comprarme un saree, hay algo especial en esos colores y telas tan preciosas que me atraen muchísimo, de echo, cada vez que leo una revista India y veo las publicidades de la ropa, solo puedo maravillarme de la belleza y elegancia de sus ropas.
El otro día mi esposo y yo asistimos a una boda, así que al fin tuve la excusa perfecta para comprarme un saree, ponérmelo y al mismo tiempo llevármelo conmigo como un bonito recuerdo de mi estancia en este país. Hoy decidí compartirles unas fotos del día en el que me puse el saree por primera vez, me sentí como una princesa india rodeada de los cristalitos y las decoraciones doradas de mi traje.
Estas fotos son muy importantes para mi y las voy a llevar conmigo en mi corazón porque siento tristeza de irme y cada vez que pienso en ello se me rompe el corazón de saber que no voy a poder recorrer estas calles, ni ver las miles de las tantas sonrisas que solo la gente de este país te regala genuinamente.










I hope you like this photos. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me such amazing comments, I really appreciate it.
Have a wonderful day loves.

Espero que les hayan gustado las fotos. Muchas gracias por visitar el blog y dejarme comentarios tan bonitos, lo aprecio un montón.
Que tengan un hermoso día. 



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Es absolutamente precioso! Estás espectacular.
    BESOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do look like a princess. I love the Indian culture with its rich colors and exotic dances. I looooove watching the movies too.


    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That saree is just beautiful on you. I'm also rather besotted with this traditional garb. Incredibly mesmerising and opulent indeed.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    COMME des GARCONS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Johanna - what a lovely saree!
    http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hola johanna me alegra mucho verte tan bien,¿te acuerdas de mi no? jjjjjj solo felicitarte las navidades y que Dios te bendiga mucho junto alos tuyos cuidate un besito muy grande me encantan las fotos donde estas vestida de azul estas realmente preciosa

    ReplyDelete

I love to read new comments...
♥ Thanks for sharing what is on your mind with me!

Me encanta leer nuevos comentarios...
♥Gracias por compartirlos conmigo!

Popular Posts